Shopify is a platform for businesses of all sizes to create an online store. It offers users a wide range of features and customisable options.
But is it the right platform for your business? In this blog post, we’ll take a deep dive into what makes Shopify websites tick, and explore the pros and cons of using Shopify to power your online store.
Pros of using Shopify:
- Shopify offers users a wide range of features and customisation options. This means that you can create a website that truly reflects your brand identity.
- Shopify is easy to use, even if you don’t have any prior experience with website design or development. The platform’s drag-and-drop interface makes creating and customising your website a breeze.
- Shopify is hosted on a secure, reliable, and scalable infrastructure. This means that you can rest assured knowing that your website will always be up and running, no matter how much traffic you get.
- Shopify integrates with a wide range of third-party applications and services. This means that you can add powerful functionality to your website without needing to do any coding yourself.
- Shopify offers 24/7 customer support. This means that you can always get help when you need it, no matter what time of day it is. In lots of different languages and by phone, chat, or email. There’s the Help Center, with lots of FAQs to help guide you step-by-step through the stuff you need to know about. And the sublimely helpful team at Shopify have also created the Shopify Partner Academy, with videos and courses, to help you develop your skills and grow your business more quickly.
- Easy-to-use interfaces, ridiculously simple navigation bars, high-res images and shopping carts with CTA buttons that stand out from the crowd – what’s not to love?
- It loads rapidly: Slow loading speed is a big no-no in ecommerce websites – you don’t want your shoppers abandoning their carts or heading elsewhere. Fortunately, Shopify has a great reputation for handling page speed.
- Multiple channel agency. Whatever you’re selling, on a Shopify website, you can do it via your social media channels, Amazon, or other apps. How cool is that?
- Free trial. You can have a 14-day free trial – just head over to Shopify’s website and you’ll see it on the front page. No need to give them any payment info, just crack on. Then, if you love it, there are 3 different plans to choose from depending on what you’re after, starting at $29 per month for the Basic level, through to the Shopify Plan at $79 per month, right up to the Advanced Plan at $299. Transaction fees vary, along with the number of staff accounts you get. And if it doesn’t work for you, there’s no charge. You’re winning all the way.
Cons of using Shopify:
- Shopify is a closed platform, which means that you are limited in terms of what you can do with your website. If you want to make major changes or customise your website in a unique way, you may need to hire a Shopify Expert.
- Shopify prices can add up quickly, depending on which features and apps you use. This means that you need to carefully consider whether the costs of using Shopify are worth it for your business.
- Shopify websites can sometimes look generic if you don’t put in the effort to customise them. This means that you need to invest time and energy into making sure your website looks unique and on-brand.
- You need developers for advanced customisation options.
- Shopify wants certain strings added to URLs. For example, your blog has to have ‘/blog/blog-category/’ in the URL. It’s a bit clunky and makes creating system-compatible marketing content a bit tricky.
Let’s wrap up…
Shopify is the business.
Or rather, it’s the perfect way for YOU to make your business BOOM. A perfectly designed, risk-free, ecommerce platform that helps your business grow in just the way you want it to.
If you’re a business owner who likes to be hands-on, you’ve got the free trial facility right there – all you need to do is roll up your sleeves and see what it offers.
Taking your business online or growing your online marketplace couldn’t be much simpler.
And here at Strand with our expert Shopify developers located in Manchester, we’ve got all the extra know-how you need to make the process perfectly pain-free. We like strong, clean code and best SEO practice, so you’re in safe hands!
If you want help designing, building or customising your Shopify store, why not give the Manchester Shopify experts a call on 0161 250 5040 and have a chat with one of our team.
Shopify is a versatile platform that offers users a wide range of features and customisation options. However, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons of using Shopify before deciding if it’s right for your business. If you’re looking for an easy-to-use platform with good customer support, then Shopify could be a good option for you. However, if you’re looking for a platform with no monthly fees, then Shopify may not be the best option for you. Ultimately, the decision comes down to what’s most important for your business.